Good morning everybody, today I have an easy gnocchi recipe sauce with salmon for you that is perfect for every single day of the week. We all know the struggles of being just too short on time in our everyday life and even though cooking and baking are my very favorite things to do, sometimes I just can’t make enough time to spend in the kitchen. Especially, working parents can sing a long song about it. Sometimes it just has to be something fast and for this reason, you will often find recipes that are perfect for a really quick lunch or dinner on my blog. It is important to me that the preparation takes as little time as possible, but even more important that the outcome is just as delicious as meals you spend more time on cooking.
Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi with creamy sauce, spinach, bell peppers, and salmon So if you’re in need of a delicious and quick recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This delicious gnocchi with baby spinach, red bell peppers, and fresh salmon is whipped up in 35 minutes along with a lovely sauce. The preparation of this delicious dish is quite simple, and the ingredients are quickly purchased. All you need for this delicious meal is gnocchi, spinach leaves, red bell peppers, two cloves of garlic, heavy cream, and salmon fillets. Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi with creamy sauce, spinach, bell peppers, and salmon I would usually prefer to make gnocchi myself at home.
Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi recipe sauce, with spinach, bell peppers, and salmon
But, this really is a time-consuming process, and you should calculate at least 90 minutes for it. A few years ago I was very lucky to be taught the gnocchi secrets of my Italian friend’s family, and I’ve enjoyed doing it myself even more ever since. However, until potatoes are cooked, mashed, and completely cooled down a little time passes by, and also cutting, rolling, and cooking the gnocchi is not a few minute things, so making gnocchi by hand is much better suited for weekends or any day that you do not already have a lot to do. For reasons of time, I often reach out for ready-made gnocchi from the refrigerated section of the supermarket, and I am more than satisfied with the end result, so I don’t stress about it at all.
Easy gnocchi recipe sauce with salmon, spinach and bell peppers
Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi with creamy sauce, spinach, bell peppers, and salmon Gnocchi have been around in Italy just as long as pasta, and are often listed as a pasta dish because they are inevitably associated with Italian cuisine and therefore with pasta. Yet the two are quite different dishes. The small gnocchi consists of a potato dough bound only with eggs and a little flour, starch, or semolina, while pasta consists mainly of flour or semolina and eggs. It is important to use flour with a particularly high gluten content for the gnocchi, otherwise, they may fall apart during cooking.
The gnocchi get their typical ridges by rolling them over a special wooden pasta board, ensuring that the gnocchi can absorb sauces well without running off the otherwise very smooth surface. On my blog I have a delicious recipe for pumpkin gnocchi with parmesan and sage butter. In that post, I explain in detail how you can make this delicious gnocchi at home. Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi with creamy sauce, spinach, bell peppers, and salmon I prefer to use a large piece of fresh salmon with skin. Of course, you can also use salmon fillets without skin if that is what you prefer. I cut the salmon into equal-sized portions before seasoning and frying them in a large pan for a few minutes. I will afterward keep it warm in the oven while I prepare the gnocchi and sauce.
Alternatively, the salmon can be cut into smaller pieces and added to the sauce at the very end, and then cook along in the sauce for the last 5 minutes. I like to eat both versions, and you can just decide that according to your mood at the moment. Quick and delicious one-pan gnocchi with creamy sauce, spinach, bell peppers, and salmon If you like it a spicier, you can season the sauce with a little touch of extra cayenne pepper or chili.
My recipe tip for you!
My italian butternut squash gnocchi recipe
Whether you want to use fresh chili or dried chili flakes, is up to you. Since I always tend to eat much spicier than my husband, we also often season each for ourselves at the table. We love to eat this delicious one-pan gnocchi with spinach and bell peppers in a creamy sauce on busy weekdays every now and then, and I’m always surprised how easy you can make this tasty recipe in a very short amount of time.
I hope you enjoy reading, strolling through, and trying out my cooking and baking recipes!
- 1 cutting board
- 1 paring knife
- 1 pan
- 1 measuring cup
- 1 Spoon
- 1 bowl
- 800 g Gnocchi
- 500 g Salmon
- 3 Peppers (e.g. red peppers)
- 100 g spinach (baby spinach)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 350 ml cream
- 1/4 Chili pepper (not too spicy)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coarse Mediterranean herb salt
- 1 tbsp steak pepper coarse
- Place all your needed ingredients outside. Clean the baby spinach and drain it, this works very well in a salad spinner bowl. Wash the chili pepper and the bell peppers under running water and peel the garlic. Mix the coarse colored pepper with the coarse herb salt in a bowl.
- Cut the bell peppers in half to cut out the core and then cut it into thin strips. Chop the garlic very finely.
- Heat olive oil in a large enough frying pan, I prefer a coated pan. Rub the salmon portions with your spice mixture and then sauté for about 3 minutes on each side. The salmon should remain nice and juicy. The leftover spice will be used to season the gnocchi later.
- Add the bell peppers and the chopped garlic, as well as some chopped chili to the hot pan and stir carefully for about 3 minutes, before removing the salmon from the pan to keep it warm, covered in aluminum foil, in the oven at a maximum of 80 degrees.
- Add the gnocchi and stir everything once before filling it up with heavy cream Next, add the spinach to the pan and very gently stir everything together. Let it simmer a moment until the spinach has folded in.
- Season with the rest of the spice mixture and serve together with the fried salmon.